Police Cite Dozens of Drivers in Montgomery County for Distracted Driving (PHOTO)
Did you know that April is Distracted Driving Awareness Month?
Montgomery County police officers cited dozens of drivers during a directed enforcement earlier today on River Road at Goldsboro Road, and at the entrance ramp from Clopper Road onto southbound I-270 with the assistance of Maryland State Police.
At River Road at Goldsboro Road, police issued the following tickets:
- 25 citations issued for driver using handheld (cellular) phone while driving;
- nine citations issued for writing, sending, or reading text message while operating vehicle in roadway;
- 29 citations issued for driving vehicle off roadway while passing another vehicle;
- one citation issued for driving in excess of reasonable and prudent speed;
- one Safety Equipment Repair Order issued.
At the entrance ramp from Clopper Road onto Southbound I-270, and with the assistance of Maryland State Police, police ticketed dozens more:
- 38 citations issued;
- 20 Safety Equipment Repair Orders issued;
- two truck inspections conducted.
Police Spokesperson Rebecca Innocenti said officers will be continuing these directed enforcement actions across the county this month.