Police Investigate Commercial Burglaries (Photos)
Detectives from the Montgomery County Police – 1st District Investigative Section have been investigating a series of commercial burglaries that occurred between December 10 and December 11. Detectives believe that the same suspect is responsible for all of the burglaries.
On December 10, at approximately 11:32 p.m., 1st District officers responded to the BP gas station located 16210 Frederick Road for a commercial burglar alarm. Upon arriving, officers discovered that the business had been burglarized. Multiple commercial alarms were then received at several businesses along Frederick Road (MD 355). While responding to these alarms, officers discovered additional burglaries had been committed.
The following burglaries were discovered:
- Dunkin Donuts located at 16220 Frederick Road, Suite 104
- Express Pharmacy located at 16220 Frederick Road, Suite 100
- BP gas station located at 16210 Frederick Road
- Shell gas station located at 15701 Frederick Road
Five additional burglaries were also discovered that are under investigation by the Gaithersburg Police Department and Rockville City Police Department. These burglaries include:
- Corner Bakery located at 1 Grand Corner Avenue (GCPD)
- Lindt Chocolate located at 3 Grand Corner Avenue (GCPD)
- Taco Bar II located at 10003 Field Road (GCPD)
- Subway located at 15106B Frederick Road (RCPD)
- Kwik Stop Beer and Wine located at 15104 Frederick Road (RCPD)
In all of the burglaries, the suspect gained entry into the businesses and stole cash and other merchandise.
Detectives are releasing a video surveillance photo of the suspect believed to be involved in these burglaries and are asking for the public’s assistance in identifying him. The suspect is described as an unknown race male wearing light blue jeans, a dark blue or black hoodie, tan boots, a dark knit cap, and yellow and black gloves.
Anyone with information regarding these burglaries or the identity of the suspect is asked to call Crime Solvers of Montgomery County toll-free at 1.866.411.TIPS (8477). Crime Solvers will pay a cash reward of up to $10,000 for information provided to them that leads to an arrest and/or indictment for these felony crimes. Tipsters will remain anonymous.