Police Issue Dozens of Citations for Distracted Driving at River Road and Goldsboro Road
Montgomery County police officers were looking for distracted drivers in the area of River Road and Goldsboro Road on Tuesday morning and officers cited dozens of them.
According to police, the two-hour enforcement focused on identifying drivers who were distracted by either texting while driving or using their hands to use a phone while driving.
Police issued a total of 56 traffic citations and 22 warnings for the following violations:
- Using Hands to use Phone while Driving: 31 traffic citations and nine warnings.
- Texting While Driving: four citations and four warnings.
- Driving on the Shoulder: 17 citations and seven warnings.
- Negligent Driving: one citation.
- Driving without a License: one citation and two warnings.
- Failure to Display Registration: one citation.
- Displaying a License Plate Cover: one citation.
Police are reminding drivers that driving while distracted is dangerous, and frequently distracted driving is a contributing factor to some collisions.
— Montgomery Co Police (@mcpnews) October 27, 2015