Police Seek Information About Thieves Targeting Cellular Phone Stores (VIDEO & PHOTOS)
Montgomery County police want the public’s help to stop some bold thieves stealing electronics from cellular phone stores. Investigators have surveillance video and photographs showing three of the thieves inside an AT&T store. Police are asking for information that can help them identify the suspects believed to be responsible for five incidents of cellular phones and tablets taken from four different stores in Wheaton and Rockville.
Police believe the same group of suspects committed the thefts of electronic devices worth approximately $18,200. Some witnesses have reported seeing the suspects flee in a vehicle waiting for them. The phone store thefts occurred at the following locations:
- June 25, 2016, AT&T Store, 11427 Georgia Avenue, Wheaton, 2 p.m.
- June 27, 2016, T-Mobile Store, 2800 University Boulevard West, Wheaton, 10:51 a.m.
- July 19, 2016 – AT&T Store, 11427 Georgia Avenue, Wheaton, 10:37 a.m. (videos above)
- July 21, 2016, AT&T Store, 1600 Rockville Pike, Rockville, 11:17 a.m. – Rockville City Police investigation
- July 30, 2016 – AT&T Store, 1304 E Gude Drive, Rockville, 12:19 p.m. – Rockville City Police investigation
Anyone with information about the thieves seen in the video and photographs below should call the 4th District Patrol Investigation Unit at 240.773.5476. If you would like to remain anonymous call Crime Solvers of Montgomery County’s toll-free number at 1.866.411.TIPS (8477). A reward of up to $10,000 is available for information that leads to the identification and arrest of suspects.
— Montgomery Co Police (@mcpnews) September 12, 2016