Possible Electrocution in Chevy Chase


Photo | MCFRS

Montgomery County firefighters and emergency medics were called to the scene of what a fire official described as a “possible electrocution” in Chevy Chase shortly around 7 p.m. on May 24.

On his Twitter account, Fire and Rescue Spokesperson Pete Piringer reported that emergency medical crews evaluated three patients for electric shock in the 200 block of Oxford Street.

According to Piringer, the injured patients were extracted from a crawl space under the house.

All three patients have been transported to area hospitals.

Piringer described the three patients as an adult male who is in critical condition, an adult female who was taken to a burn unit and a male teen.

Montgomery County police are investigating the incident. Piringer reports that Pepco has cut off the power to the house.

No other information has been released.



Like this post? Sign up for our Daily Update here.
Sonya Burke

About Sonya Burke

Sonya Burke is the Multimedia Manager at Montgomery Community Media (MCM). You can email story ideas at sburke@mymcmedia.org or reach her on Twitter @SonyaNBurke.


One Response to “Possible Electrocution in Chevy Chase”

  1. On May 27, 2014 at 10:01 am responded with... #

    Too bad, electricity is more dangerous than many think,

Engage us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter