Restaurant Fire (Photos & Video)

A restaurant fire at Mr. Eddie’s Pizza & Subs on Feb. 13 in the 17500 block of Redland Road has been ruled accidental, according to a Montgomery County fire rescue official.

The blaze caused $300,000 damage to the structure and $100,000 to the contents of the restaurant, Assistant Fire Chief Scott Graham said.

Graham said the investigation has determined that the fire originated at a portable electric space heater in the rear storage area of the shop.

“The fire is listed as accidental in nature, most likely caused by a failure or malfunction of the space heater,” Graham said in an email.

A note on the restaurant’s website indicates the restaurant is closed temporarily.

You can watch firefighters on scene of the fire in this video.

Like this post? Sign up for our Daily Update here.

Comments

| No comments yet.



Engage us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter