Registration for Gaithersburg Sports Leagues Begins
Registration opens Saturday, Feb. 1 for Spring Youth and Teen Sports Programs in the city of Gaithersburg. Spring offerings include volleyball, soccer, baseball, softball, t-ball, and track & field. Gaithersburg Sports leagues offer one practice and one game per week, allowing youth and their families time for other activities. Additionally the City is offering Start Smart™ programs for 4 and 5 year olds in golf and baseball. Start Smart is an international program designed to introduce youth along with their parents to the world of sports.
Registration is on a first come, first served basis, and some programs have limited space. The registration deadline is March 3. Start Smart™ programs are limited to the first 20 participants. The City cannot guarantee entry into a program for registrations received after March 3.
Spring Youth and Teen Sports offerings include:
* Boys T-Baseball Grades K – 2
* Coed Baseball (JUGS – Machine Pitch) Grades 2 & 3 and 4 & 5
* Girls T-Softball Grades K – 2
* Girls Softball Grades 3 & 4 and 5 – 7
* Boys Soccer Grades 1 & 2, 3 & 4 and 5 & 6
* Girls Soccer Grades 1 & 2, 3 & 4 and 5 & 6
* Teen Volleyball Grades 6 – 8
* Boys and Girls Volleyball Grades 4 & 5
* Start Smart™ Golf for Youth Ages 4 & 5 and their Parents
* Start Smart™ Baseball for Youth Ages 4 & 5 and their Parents
* Track and Field Ages 7 & 8, 9 & 10, 11 & 12, and 13 & 14
In addition to spring sports offerings, a one day Strokes and Strides event will take place on Saturday, May 31 at Bohrer Park at Summit Hall Farm. Youth ages seven through 14 will compete in two divisions in this event that combines swimming and running.
Register online and view complete program details at www.gaithersburgmd.gov/sports, fax your registration to 301.948.8364, or visit the Activity Center at Bohrer Park, 506 South Frederick Avenue next to Gaithersburg High School. For questions please call 301.258.6350.
The City is also seeking volunteer coaches for these sports programs. Gaithersburg certifies all coaches through the National Youth Sport Coaches Accreditation Program. Background checks will be conducted. See the sports registration form for details, or call 301.258.6350.