Residents Urged to Sign Up for Health Coverage (VIDEO)
Residents without health insurance coverage are urged to sign up through the Maryland Health Connection during the current open enrollment period that ends February 15.
Consumers can go to www.marylandhealthconnection.gov and browse the site to compare prices and plans available during open season, as well as get an estimate of financial assistance that may be available to help pay for insurance premiums.
Health navigators, assisters and certified insurance brokers will be available to help Montgomery County and Prince George’s County residents sign up for Medicaid and qualified health plans through the Maryland Health Connection, Saturday, January 31 at two locations:
- 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. – Upcounty Regional Services Center, 12900 Middlebrook Road, Germantown.
- 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. – Sanctuary at Kingdom Square, 9033 Central Avenue, Capitol Heights.
To enroll in health coverage, residents should bring the following:
- Social security numbers for every person who needs coverage.
- Immigration/citizenship status documents.
- Birth dates.
- Employer and income information for every person who needs coverage (for example-pay stubs or W-2 wage and tax statements).
- Policy number of any current health insurance plans.
- Information about any job-related insurance coverage available.
Open enrollment for qualified health plans ends February 15, 2015. Medicaid enrollment is year-round.
The Maryland Health Connection’s call center is available for residents to apply by telephone. Call toll free 855.642.8572 (TTY 855.642.8753).
For additional information on eligibility guidelines and the documents needed to apply, go to www.capitalhealthconnection.org.