Rockville Certifies Election Results, Inauguration Set for Nov. 15
Rockville’s Board of Supervisors of Elections certified results today from last week’s city election, confirming preliminary results that will return Bridget Donnell Newton to the mayor’s seat for a second term.
The certified results reflect that the four incoming councilmembers will be: Beryl Feinberg, Virginia Onley, Julie Palakovich Carr and Mark Pierzchala. The new Mayor and Council will serve a four-year term for the first time in city history.
The final vote totals in the mayor’s race were:
• Bridget Donnell Newton, 4,156 (64.98 percent)
• Sima Osdoby, 2,216 (34.65 percent)
The four winning councilmembers received the following final votes:
• Feinberg, 3,448 (14.36 percent)
• Palakovich Carr, 2,998 (12.49 percent)
• Pierzchala, 2,799 (11.66 percent)
• Onley, 2,752 (11.46 percent)
Five additional candidates ran for council and received the following final votes:
• Richard Gottfried, 2,457 (10.23 percent)
• Patrick Schoof, 2,425 (10.10 percent)
• Brigitta Mullican, 2,415 (10.06 percent)
• David Hill, 2,353 (9.80 percent)
• Clark Reed, 2,283 (9.51 percent)
Of the 40,749 registered voters in Rockville, there was a total of 6,468 ballots cast (15.87 percent) including votes cast on early voting days, same-day registration at City Hall on Election Day and by absentee or provisional ballot.
All results, including totals by district, are available at www.rockvillemd.gov/electionresults.
This was the 65th election in the City of Rockville. The new Mayor and Council will be sworn in during an inauguration ceremony at 1 p.m. on Nov. 15 at the F. Scott Fitzgerald Theatre, 603 Edmonston Dr. The public is invited to attend and a reception will follow.
The first meeting of the new Mayor and Council is at 7 p.m. on Nov. 16 at City Hall, 111 Maryland Ave. Visit www.rockvillemd.gov/agendacenter to view the Nov. 16 agenda.