Rockville House Fire Causes $600,000 in Damages, Two People Displaced (PHOTOS & VIDEO)

PHOTO | MCFRS

PHOTO | MCFRS

Montgomery County firefighters battled a house fire on Tuesday night in the 1700 block of Pasture Brook Way in Rockville.

Fire and Rescue Services spokesperson Pete Piringer said when firefighters arrived at the scene, around 10:45 p.m. on Dec. 20, there were flames throughout the house.

According to Piringer, the occupants of the house safely evacuated and there were no injuries. He said a neighbor called 911 as the occupants tried to extinguish the fire in the garage.

It took 75 firefighters about 30 minutes to knock down the fire, and to protect adjacent structures from exposure, according to Piringer.

The cause of the fire has been determined to be accidental. The blaze ignited in the garage and originated with some displaced fireplace ashes, according to Piringer.

Damages are estimated at approximately $600,000 and two people have been displaced from their home, Piringer said.

Firefighters may revisit the neighborhood this evening to talk about fire safety and to check smoke alarms.

Sonya Burke

About Sonya Burke

Sonya Burke is the Multimedia Manager at Montgomery Community Media (MCM). You can email story ideas at sburke@mymcmedia.org or reach her on Twitter @SonyaNBurke.

Comments

| No comments yet.



Engage us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter