Silver Spring Fire Displaces Three Family Members

A Sunday night fire in Silver Spring displaced three people, a Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Services spokesman said Monday.

The fire, in the 1700 block of Republic Road, occurred about 6:30 p.m. drawing about 50 firefighters, spokesman Pete Piringer said.

Damage was estimated at $125,000, he said.

The residents were not home at the time of the fire, which was caused by extension cords, he said.

Red Cross is helping the displaced family members, Piringer said.

Like this post? Sign up for our Daily Update here.
Douglas Tallman

About Douglas Tallman

Reporter with 35 years experience throughout Maryland. Reach me at dtallman@mymcmedia.org or via Twitter at @MCM-Doug

Comments

| No comments yet.



Engage us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter