Silver Spring Named One of America’s ‘Most Exciting Suburbs’ (Photos)
During the Montgomery County Council meeting on March 11, councilmember Cherri Branson will present a proclamation recognizing the honor for Silver Spring.
The rankings were compiled using U.S. Census data and business listings for each city to determine the “excitement” factor for the suburbs.
Criteria for the categories used by Movoto were the following:
- Nightlife per capita (bars, clubs, comedy, etc.)
- Live music venues per capita
- Active life options per capita (parks, outdoor activities, etc.)
- Fast Food restaurants per capita (the fewer the better)
- Percentage of restaurants that are fast food (the lower the better)
Silver Spring was the ranked the second highest in Maryland, below Towson, which was ranked 11th overall.
Find the complete table of rankings here.