Family Displaced by Fire in Germantown (PHOTOS)

PHOTO | MCFRS

PHOTO | MCFRS

Montgomery County firefighters say a charcoal grill is responsible for sparking a fire at a Germantown house early this morning that has displaced a family of six.

Over 70 firefighters battled the blaze at 13405 Tilford Court in Germantown Estates.

Fire and Rescue Spokesperson Pete Piringer said a working smoke alarm alerted the family to the fire, and they were able to evacuate their home with no injuries.

According to Piringer, the fire was caused by a charcoal grill on the deck.

He said damages are estimated at $150,000.

Like this post? Sign up for our Daily Update here.
Sonya Burke

About Sonya Burke

Sonya Burke is the Multimedia Manager at Montgomery Community Media (MCM). You can email story ideas at sburke@mymcmedia.org or reach her on Twitter @SonyaNBurke.

Comments

| No comments yet.



Engage us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter