Small Business Day (Videos)
Montgomery County Small Business Day
Montgomery Community Media in partnership with The Columbia Bank, US Small Business Administration, Montgomery County Department of Economic Development, Montgomery Business Development Corporation, The Gazette Newspapers, The Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Montgomery County, eWomenNetwork, The Gaithersburg-Germantown Chamber of Commerce and Taylor Leonard Corporation present the following seminars designed to support and enhance the success of your business in Montgomery County.
The program is being filmed in front of a live studio audience and streamed live on the internet on this webpage.
Session 4: Leveraging SBA Resources to Grow Your Small Business (2:15 p.m.)
- Walt Abbott – Director, DC SCORE Speakers’ Bureau
- Sandra Barrett – Team Lead for 8(a) Business Development Division, SBA
- Marium Eamen – Lender Relationship Specialist, SBA
- Nicole Eickhoff – Business Counselor, Maryland Women Business Center
- Shuraie Mackin – Economic Development Specialist, SBA
Session 3: Business Strategy Best Practices (1:15 p.m.)
- Dr. DeRionne Pollard – President, Montgomery College
- Gül Branco – Director, Hillman Entrepreneurs Program, University of Maryland
- Raul Medrano – Director of Business Development, AQUAS, Inc.
- Nesreen Khashan – Data Dissemination Specialist, US Department of Commerce – Census Bureau
A Moment with Microsoft: Small Business Solutions
Session 2: Uncovering the Benefits of Minority and Women-Owned Certifications (11 a.m.)
- Natalia Olson-Urtecho – Regional Administrator, SBA
- LaKeshia Grant – CEO, Virtual Enterprise Architects
- Daniel Parra – Executive Director, Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, Montgomery County
Session 1: Benefiting from Montgomery County’s International Trade Initiatives (10 a.m.)
- Antwaun Griffin – Deputy Assistant Secretary for Domestic Operations, US Department of Commerce International Trade Administration
- Jessica Reynolds – Maryland Department of Business & Economic Development, Regional Manager (India & Africa)
- Julie Halstead – VP of Business Development and Operations – Electro-Media Design
- John P. Malone – General Counsel, VP of Quality and Compliance – WTS International, Inc.
- Shobhana Sharma, General Manager Environmental Management Services, Inc.
The presentations will later be broadcast on “The Montgomery Channel” (TV 21) and “Access.19” (TV 19) on Montgomery County’s Comcast, Verizon and RCN cable services.
Special Recognition and Thanks
Kelly Leonard (Taylor-Leonard Corporation) is a speaker, trainer, business leader, Quality specialist/Black Belt, and seasoned financial services professional with over twenty-five years of experience in government, non-profit, private and public accounting environments, including Fortune 100 companies.
Kelly has an innate ability to connect with diverse audiences and across disciplines. She’s most passionate about delivering the best practices of multinational enterprises to the small business community.
A results-driven business professional, Kelly leads a thriving information technology consultancy and risk management consultancy. On the IT side, her team leverages the power of technology to help companies drive operational excellence. While on the risk management side, her company partners with the country’s most respected providers to deliver robust benefit packages designed to increase employee engagement, boost employee morale, reduce absenteeism, and [consequently] grow a company’s bottom-line. Her company’s clients range in size and represent a dynamic cross-section of disciplines.
See photos from the event below: