SoberRide Available Now Thru Jan. 1
Washington Regional Alcohol Program’s (WRAP) SoberRide program is offered from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. nightly now to Jan. 1, 2014. Please call 300.200.8294 (TAXI) to receive a free cab ride home. AT&T customers may dial #WRAP from their wireless phones. You must be 21 or older to use the SoberRide service.
WRAP’s SoberRide has helped to ensure metropolitan DC residents have a safe way home on high-risk holidays. Since 1993, WRAP has provided over 58,575 safe rides home.
SoberRide operates during the December/January holiday season, St. Patrick’s Day, Independence Day and Halloween.
WRAP’s SoberRide provides a free cab ride home up to a $30 fare. Callers are financially responsible for anything over $30.
You must be 21 or older to use the SoberRide service. All calls must originate in Montgomery and Prince George’s Counties in Maryland; the Cities of Rockville, Bowie, College Park, Gaithersburg, Greenbelt and Takoma Park in Maryland; the District of Columbia; Arlington, Fairfax, Prince William and Eastern Loudoun Counties in Virginia; and the Cities of Alexandria, Falls Church, Fairfax, Manassas and Manassas Park in Virginia.
You cannot reserve a SoberRide or schedule a pickup in advance. To receive a ride, you must call 1.800.200.8294 (TAXI) during the program hours. A SoberRide call operator will direct your request to the correct participating cab company.
Participating Taxi Companies:
- Alexandria Yellow Cab (Alexandria)
- Barwood, Inc. (Montgomery County)
- Fairfax Yellow Cab (Fairfax County)
- Loudoun Yellow Cab (Eastern Loudoun County)
- Manassas Cab Company (Prince William County)
- Red Top Cab Company (Arlington County)
- Silver Cab of Prince George’s County (Prince George’s County)
- Yellow Cab of District of Columbia (District of Columbia)
- Yellow Cab of Prince William County (Prince William County)
When waiting for a SoberRide, please watch for a cab from the participating taxi company in the area from which you are calling.