Street Beat: Prepare for Monday Night Football
With a 6:55 p.m. start time, the Maryland State Highway Administration (SHA) reminds drivers to plan ahead for the Monday evening commute.
Traffic conditions will be monitored by SHA emergency traffic patrols and operations managers at the Statewide Operations Center (SOC).
Emergency response units will patrol interstate routes in search of stranded drivers and respond to incidents.
Outlined below are a few travel tips for both game attendees and area commuters.
- CARPOOL: Share a ride with area co-workers or your fellow football fans.
- TAKE TRANSIT: Ride the Metro or the local city or county bus to reach your destinations.
- LEAVE EARLY: Whether headed to the game, home or to your kids’ games, add extra travel time and leave early.
- PLAN ALTERNATE ROUTES: SHA will not have any planned construction activity along I-95 in Prince George’s County that evening. To avoid delays in the Largo area, drivers are encouraged to use other area state routes.
- BE “ROAD READY”: Everyone can arrive safely by ensuring that you and your vehicle are ready for the drive home. Wear your seatbelts. Have a full tank of gas, properly inflated tires, a fully charged cellular device if needed, and plenty of patience!