Townhouse Fire Displaces Rockville Residents (PHOTOS)

PHOTO | MCFRS

About 40 firefighters battled a townhouse fire on Newton Drive in Rockville on Wednesday afternoon. The fire displaced two residents, a Montgomery County official said.

According to Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson Pete Piringer, the accidental fire was ignited by the spontaneous combustion of some oily rags that were left on the patio.

One of the residents received minor burns while trying to put out the blaze, Piringer said. The resident was treated at the scene for minor injuries, he said.

Damages are estimated at $25,000, according to Piringer.

Like this post? Sign up for our Daily Update here.

Comments

| No comments yet.



Engage us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter