Tree Falls into Building Causes Gas Leak

Montgomery County fire rescue crews responded to a downed tree at a three-story garden style apartment building at 22 Manchester Place in Silver Spring at 10:40 p.m. on Oct. 29.

According to Public Information Officer Bill Delaney, the tree hit the roof of the building and landed on a gas meter which caused a significant gas leak.

Delaney said the gas leak was controlled quickly but that several families have been displaced from this incident. He said the Red Cross was helping them find shelter overnight.

There is some good news.

According to Delaney, the volume of calls coming into to dispatch for downed wires and trees falling onto buildings has slowed overnight.

Like this post? Sign up for our Daily Update here.


| Comments are closed.

Engage us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter