Unattended Candle Sparks House Fire in Takoma Park



An unattended candle sparked a house fire in Takoma Park on Monday night, according to a Montgomery County fire official.

Fire and Rescue Spokesperson Pete Piringer said the blaze, which originated in the living room, caused $75,000 in damages at 1108 Kingwood Drive.

According to Piringer, there were no working smoke alarms in the house and the nearest fire hydrant outside the house was buried in snow.

Fortunately, the occupant was able to exit the house safely and there were no injuries reported, Piringer said.

Like this post? Sign up for our Daily Update here.


| Comments are closed.

Engage us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter