Weekend Planner, Jan. 20 – Jan. 22 (VIDEOS)
Here are some of our picks for arts and entertainment, check the MyMCMedia calendar for more choices.
- The Mansion at Strathmore has two exhibits on display now through Feb. 19. The La Vie en Bleu exhibit explores the color blue. The Crossfade exhibit includes works by young Baltimore artists. A special children’s production of The Odyssey is scheduled for Saturday, Jan. 21.
- BlackRock Center for the Arts in Germantown has three exhibits open now through Feb. 4. Artists Julia Dzikiewicz, Linda Colsh, and Michael Fischerkeller will talk about their work and lead a tour of the three galleries Saturday, Feb. 4.
- Bethesda’s Gallery B “Local Color by the Seven Palettes” exhibit is on display through Jan. 28.
- Waverly Street Gallery’s “Two for the Road” exhibit features the photography of Kate Stillwell and Wil Scott. The exhibit is on display through Feb. 4.
- The “Winter White” exhibit is on display at Gaithersburg Arts Barn through Feb. 27. The exhibit focuses on work that has little or no color.
- The Puppet Co. Playhouse production of Goldilocks for young children and their families opens Friday, Jan. 20.
- Coming soon:
- Olney Theatre presents The Rainbow Fish based on the children’s book by Marcus Pfister the weekend of Jan. 28. Recommended for ages Pre-K to 3rd Grade.
- Celebrate the Lunar New Year with artist demonstrations, crafting activities, traditional Asian music performances and martial arts demonstrations at BlackRock Center for the Arts, Saturday, Jan. 28 in Germantown. Advance registration is recommended for this free family event.
- Adventure Theatre’s musical Ella Enchanted opens Feb. 3 at their theater in Glen Echo Park.
- Imagination Stage’s next show, The Freshest Snow Whyte, is a Hip Hop interpretation of the classic fairytale and opens Feb. 11.
- The Baltimore Symphony Orchestra performs three works Saturday, Jan. 21 at Strathmore, including Brahms’ Symphony No. 1. The orchestra is led by conductor Johannes Debus.
- This weekend Strathmore offers a rare opportunity to see a juggling dance troupe Sunday, Jan. 22 when the 4×4: Ephemeral Architectures perform. See a short video clip to the right of the troupe.
- The Rockville Concert Band performs their annual jazz concert Sunday, Jan. 22 at the F. Scott Fitzgerald Theatre.
- The local favorite Vi-Kings perform Friday evening at Bethesda Blues & Jazz Club.
- Sandy Spring Theatre Group’s production of the drama Twelve Angry Men closes this week at Gaithersburg’s Arts Barn.
- Coming soon:
More things to do: see the latest Culture Spot MC video calendar: