Weekend Planner (Photos and Video)
Miss Nelson is Missing continues its run at Adventure Theatre in Glen Echo Park. Written by nationally-renowned, local playwright, Joan Cushing, Jessica Lauren Ball, stars as Miss Nelson, the good-natured and long-suffering teacher of the disobedient Room 207, who is suddenly replaced by the petrifying substitute, Miss Viola Swamp.
This production runs through March 9.
The artwork of one of the world’s foremost African painters, Ephrem Kouakou will be on display through March 16 at the Activity Center at Bohrer Park, in Gaithersburg. Viewing hours at the Activity Center are Monday through Saturday from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Sunday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Meet Kouakou at the opening reception Feb. 18 from 5:45 to 7:15 p.m.
Friday, February 7
- The Arts Barn in Gaithersburg presents A Little Night Music starting at 8 p.m.
- In Bethesda, the Round House Theatre presents the play Seminar
- How to Succeed in Business starts at 8 p.m. at Olney Theatre.
- Nigerian-born vocalist, drummer, and composer Tosin will perform songs from his latest musical effort, Life Begins at the Tosin CD Release Party starting at 8:30 p.m. at Strathmore Mansion.
- The Round House Theater in Silver Spring presents Impossible from 8 – 9:30 p.m.
Saturday, February 8
- Take a stroll through the Gaithersburg Indoor Flea Market from 9 a.m to 2 p.m.
- At 10 a.m. Olney Theatre presents a childrens play titled, “Five Little Monkeys.”
- Miss Nelson is Missing, a children’s production appropriate for ages 5 an up at Adventure Theatre starts at 11 a.m.
- The fifth annual Fields of Green Internship Fair will take place from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Bethesda Green.
- Metro area Gospel choirs will be at Strathmore for Make a Joyful Noise Best of Maryland Gospel from 8 – 10 p.m.
- America’s longest running multi cultural song and dance company, the Tamburitzans of Duquesne University will perfom at F. Scott Fitzgerald Theatre in Rockville from 7 – 10 p.m.
- Pianist Brian Ganz will perform works of Frédéric Chopin’s at the Jewish Community Center of Greater Washington from 8 – 9:30 p.m.
- It’s a pay what you can night at Pyramid Atlantic’s Valentine’s Day Art Night for Cancer from 6 – 8 p.m.
- Olney Theatre presents How to Succeed in Business at 8 p.m.
Sunday, February 9
- The Great Montgomery Hackathon from 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. will focus on four projects and include a light breakfast and lunch for participating “hackers.”
- Artful Sundays at the Arts Barn lets children age 3-4 explore art through a variety of materials from 11 am.m to noon.
- The Puppet Company at Glen Echo park presents Tales of Beatrix Potter from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Imagination Stage features Rumpelstiltskin starting at 1:30 p.m. with an additional performance at 4 p.m.
- At 2:30 p.m. artist Rinat Goren will speak about her artwork at a Goldman Art Gallery Exhibit reception. Paintings by Rinat Goren will be on display through March 19.
- Inscape featuring Evan Solomon & James Rogers will at the Mansion at Strathmore from 3 – 5 p.m.
- Join director John Saint Amour and guest assembly Rockville Swing Band as they put a little swing in your Sunday afternoon with Swing! Swing! Swing! from 3 – 4 p.m. at F. Scott Fitzgerald Theatre in Rockville.
For more things to do: see our Do & Go video calendar:
To keep up with all that is happening around Montgomery County sign up for the daily update from MyMCMedia.org.