What Are You Reading This Summer? Jud Ashman Shares His Summer Book List
There’s something special about reading in the summertime. Stashing a book in your pool or beach bag or even carrying one (and/or your e-reader) along on errands or travels becomes a cherished part of the routine at this time of the year.
With that said, I want to know: “What are you reading this summer?”
I asked that question to Gaithersburg City Councilmember Jud Ashman, who you may also know is the founder of the Gaithersburg Book Festival, and he agreed to share his latest book with me along with five other book recommendations for summer reading.
You can find his responses below:
“What am I reading now? Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell. I’m about halfway through and enjoying it immensely.”
“Five books to read this summer: (Note: I could easily suggest 50 others!)
– A Constellation of Vital Phenomena by Anthony Marra (I’ve been recommending this book for the last year!)
– Monsters: The 1985 Chicago Bears and the Wild Heart of Football by Rich Cohen (A wonderful and, at times, lyrical homage to the game of football.)
– The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (Recently read it and thought it was terrific.)
– Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand (As we remember the life of Louis Zamperini)
– Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry (There’s no better epic American tale in which to lose yourself over a few summer afternoons than this one. I wish I was reading it again for the first time.)”
Now it’s your turn. Tell me what you are reading at the moment and send me your five book recommendations and we will share your picks with our MyMCMedia visitors. You can email me your book list at email@example.com or post a comment below.
I am looking forward to hearing from you and hope you’ll also tell me if you have read any of the suggestions by others. I have read two of Ashman’s suggestions and would put Unbroken on my list of five as well. Now it’s your turn. Tell me what you are reading and what you recommend.