What’s Open and What’s Not on Labor Day in Montgomery County
Montgomery County government has posted the following holiday schedule for Labor Day on Sept. 5:
- County Offices – closed.
- Libraries – closed.
- County Liquor stores – all County liquor stores will be open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. All stores with Monday deliveries will get their morning deliveries at the normal time.
- Recreation – Bethesda, Germantown, Western County, Wheaton/Glenmont and MLK outdoor aquatic facilities will be open from noon to 6 p.m. Olney Indoor Swim Center will be open normal hours; all other indoor aquatic facilities, as well as the Long Branch and Upper County outdoor pools, will be closed. Administrative offices, senior centers and community centers are closed.
- Montgomery Parks – For operating schedule, visit www.MontgomeryParks.org.
- Ride On – Will operate on a Sunday schedule.
- Metrorail – Information available at www.wmata.com.
- Metrobus – Information available at www.wmata.com.
- TRiPS Commuter Stores (Silver Spring and Friendship Heights) – closed.
- Refuse/recycling pickup – no collection. Collection provided one day later for remainder of the week. (Last collection is Saturday). More information available at www.montgomerycountymd.gov/sws/holidays/.
- The Shady Grove Processing Facility and Transfer Station – closed.
- Parking at public garages, lots, curbside meters – free.
- MCPS Schools and Administrative Offices – closed.
- State offices and courts – closed.