What’s Open and What’s Not This Holiday Season in Montgomery County
Here is a look at what’s open and what’s not on Christmas and New Year’s days in Montgomery County:
- County offices – closed Monday, Dec. 26 and Monday, Jan. 2.
- Libraries – closed Dec. 25, 26 and Jan. 1, 2.
- County Liquor stores – closed
- Recreation – All facilities and programs closed Dec. 25 and Jan. 1. Senior centers are closed Dec. 24 through Jan. 2. Click here for information on schedules for aquatic facilities and community centers during the holiday week.
- Montgomery Parks – for the holiday operating schedule on Parks’ facilities visit, here.
- Ride On – Saturday, Dec. 24: Saturday schedule with limited late evening service. Trips scheduled to depart from the terminal at 10:01 p.m. or later will NOT depart. Sunday, Dec. 25: Sunday schedule. Monday, Dec. 26: Sunday schedule (Christmas Day – observed). Sunday, Jan. 1: Sunday schedule; Monday, Jan. 2: Sunday schedule (New Year’s Day – observed).
- Metrorail – Click here for more information.
- Metrobus – Click here for more information.
- TRiPS Commuter Stores (Silver Spring and Friendship Heights) – closed.
- Transfer Station and Poolesville Beauty Spot– closed on Dec. 25 and Jan. 1.
- Refuse/recycling pickup – will operate as scheduled.
- The Shady Grove Processing Facility and Transfer Station – closed.
- Parking at public garages, lots, curbside meters – free.
- MCPS Schools and Administrative Offices – Schools and offices closed Monday, Dec. 26 and Monday, Jan. 2; no school for students and teachers Dec. 26 – Jan. 2.
- State offices and courts – closed Monday, Dec. 26 and Monday, Jan. 2