A utility worker was electrocuted while working on power lines in Clarksburg.
PHOTO | Pete Piringer

Worker Burned While Working on Power Line Project in Clarksburg

UPDATED: A utility worker was burned while working on power lines in Clarksburg Monday morning.

Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Spokesman Pete Piringer reported the accident at about 11 a.m. Monday.

Todd Meyers, Potomac Edison spokesman, told MyMCMedia that the man was a contracted lineman doing work for Potomac Edison in the area of Gateway Theater. Meyers said he was helping to convert overhead lines to underground lines to serve the new Cabin Branch development. The worker did not come into contact with the power lines, but instead was working with equipment that “caused a flash” and burned him.

He was taken to an area burn unit for treatment, but has non-life-threatening injuries.

“He was shocked but he was extremely lucky I would guess,” Piringer said.

There is a report of a power outage in the area, according to Piringer.

No additional information was immediately available.

Krista Brick

About Krista Brick

Krista Brick is a multi-media journalist with Montgomery Community Media.


| No comments yet.

Engage us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter