Aspen Hill Family Safe From Fire But Will Be Displaced

A fire at a single-family house, located on the 13700 block of Parkland Drive in Aspen Hill, has displaced a family.

According to Pete Piringer, the spokesperson for Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Services, the fire occurred at around 4:15 p.m. on Monday and was likely caused from a malfunction in a radio located in the kitchen. Because of the malfunction, Piringer suspects the fire extended to cabinets and a nearby butane lighter.

Piringer said that around 65 firefighters were at the scene to extinguish the fire and that there were no injuries.

The firefighters were also able to rescue a squirrel in a cage, which the family had been rehabilitating. A neighbor told MyMcMedia on social media the family eventually plan to release the squirrel.

The total cost of damage from the fire was around $30,000, Piringer said.

Like this post? Sign up for our Daily Update here.
Deirdre Byrne

About Deirdre Byrne

Deirdre Byrne is a social media coordinator for Montgomery Community Media. She can be reached at or on twitter at @DeirdreByrneMCM.


| Comments are closed.

Engage us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter