Townhouse Fire in Gaithersburg Displaces Five Residents

MCFRS Spokesperson Pete Piringer

MCFRS Spokesperson Pete Piringer

Montgomery County firefighters have determined that “unattended cooking” sparked a townhouse fire in the 9200 block of Hummingbird Terrace in Gaithersburg and caused an estimated $500,000 in damage to the building on Feb. 14.

Fire and Rescue Services Spokesperson Pete Piringer reported on his Twitter account that over 50 firefighters were called to the scene of the two-story townhouse fire.

He described the department’s response as a “firefight.”

There were no injuries, Piringer said, but five adults and a few pets were displaced by the fire. He said there was not a working smoke alarm in the home.

Like this post? Sign up for our Daily Update here.

About Sonya Burke

Sonya Burke is the Multimedia Manager at Montgomery Community Media (MCM). You can email story ideas at sburke@mymcmedia.org or reach her on Twitter @SonyaNBurke.

Comments

One Response to “Townhouse Fire in Gaithersburg Displaces Five Residents”

  1. On May 30, 2018 at 6:05 pm responded with... #

    Actually there were some pets that were killed in that fire and my brother was displaced who had schizophrenia and he still does and he had taken in roomers because his wife had left him and he got off his meds because Trader Joe’s reduced his hours after he had been there for 20 years and once you go below a certain amount of hours and you work at Trader Joe’s you don’t get health benefits anymore anyway it was a cycle of a downward spiral for Michael Trilling

Engage us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter