Electric Blanket Causes House Fire in North Potomac

Courtesy of MCFRS

An electric blanket left on a bed in a North Potomac home caused a fire and $150,000 worth of damage, said Pete Piringer, the spokesperson for Montgomery County Fire and Rescue.

According to Piringer, MCFRS received a call about the house fire on Dunleith Place from neighbors at around 8:30 p.m. on Tuesday.

Piringer said 75 firefighters were dispatched to the scene. The fire originated in a second-floor bedroom, said Piringer.

Two adults and two children live in the home, but Piringer confirmed that they were not home at the time of the fire. Piringer said that there were no injuries from the fire.

Because of the fire, Piringer said the family will be displaced.

Like this post? Sign up for our Daily Update here.
Deirdre Byrne

About Deirdre Byrne

Deirdre Byrne is a social media coordinator for Montgomery Community Media. She can be reached at dbyrne@mymcmedia.org or on twitter at @DeirdreByrneMCM.


| Comments are closed.

Engage us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter