Electrical Fire on Bayridge Terrace Displaces Residents in Gaithersburg (PHOTOS)



Some townhouse residents were displaced by an electrical fire at 914 Bayridge Terrace in Gaithersburg on a cold Monday morning, according to a Montgomery County fire official.

Fire and Rescue Services Spokesperson Pete Piringer said the fire started in an outside electrical light fixture. He said the blaze caused an estimated $225,000 in damages at the building.

There were no injuries, Piringer said. He credited a smoke alarm with alerting residents of the blaze.

Over 75 firefighters responded to the scene, Piringer said.

According to Piringer, the Red Cross is assisting the displaced residents with temporary housing.

Like this post? Sign up for our Daily Update here.
Sonya Burke

About Sonya Burke

Sonya Burke is the Multimedia Manager at Montgomery Community Media (MCM). You can email story ideas at sburke@mymcmedia.org or reach her on Twitter @SonyaNBurke.


| Comments are closed.

Engage us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter