Firefighter Falls Thru First Floor at House Fire in Takoma Park



Dozens of Montgomery County firefighters battled a house fire at 118 Park Avenue in Takoma Park on Saturday night.

One firefighter fell thru the the first floor of the burning house, officials said. The firefighter was able to self rescue and was not injured, according to a fire department spokesperson.

Fire and Rescue Spokesperson Pete Piringer said the house fire involved the basement,  first floor and deck. He said damages are estimated at $250,000.

There was no one home at the time of the blaze and no injuries were reported at the scene. Piringer said the family who lives there is going to have to stay elsewhere because of the significant damage to the Cape Cod style home.

The cause of the blaze has been ruled accidental, Piringer said, and was electrical in nature.

Like this post? Sign up for our Daily Update here.


| Comments are closed.

Engage us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter