Grill Fire Displaces ‘Dozens’ in Wheaton Area Neighborhood

A fire in the Wheaton area has displaced “dozens,” according to Pete Piringer the spokesperson for Montgomery County Fire & Rescue. Piringer said on Twitter that firefighters responded to calls of a fire at a townhouse in the Ingram Terrace neighborhood at around 2:15 p.m. Thursday afternoon.

Piringer said that the fire was caused by a “propane grill … on [the] patio next to [the] house.”

Although Piringer said there were no injuries, seven of the occupants of the townhouse will be displaced, as well as “several” of their neighbors.

Piringer said that all pets are accounted for, including a pet lizard, who firefighters rescued and helped reunite with the owner.

According to Piringer, the damage from the fire is “significant.”

Take a look at Piringer’s tweets for more details about the fire.

Like this post? Sign up for our Daily Update here.
Deirdre Byrne

About Deirdre Byrne

Deirdre Byrne is a social media coordinator for Montgomery Community Media. She can be reached at dbyrne@mymcmedia.org or on twitter at @DeirdreByrneMCM.

Comments

| No comments yet.



Engage us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter