Let’s Talk Racial Equity
Share Your Story
Describe a racial experience you’ve had here.
The Racial Equity Issue
The Montgomery County Executive and the County Council President have implemented major initiatives aimed at developing racial equity in the county. To support understanding of why changes might be needed, the council ordered research studies on racial inequities and disparities among policy areas affecting the county’s diverse residents.
- Racial Equity Profile Montgomery County
- MCM talks with the county’s health office about minority health care coverage.
Montgomery County Action Plan
- The Montgomery County Council has proposed legislation, public policy initiatives, and government programs to address the issue.
- A public hearing on the bill was held October 29.
- The Montgomery County Council unanimously enacted the Racial Equity and Social Justice Act on November 19, 2019.
Shared with MCM
Join the Conversation
- Share a racial experience you’ve had in Montgomery County, be it positive or negative.
- Your contribution is vital and could help create a better understanding.
- All are invited to share, regardless of race or ethnicity.
MCM is the public access media provider and hyper-local news hub of Montgomery County. We bring your voice to local media.
Help us keep the conversation going. Complete the #SeeMeMontgomery form below.