March 8, 2021 | Suzanne Pollak

County to Spend $500,000 to Accommodate Two Additional Councilmembers

Members of the Montgomery County Council’s Government Operations and Fiscal Policy Committee unanimously agreed Monday to allocate an additional $92,000 so that the council offices can accommodate the two new members who will be seated in 2022. The county already set aside $408,000 from excess appropriations for the work. Residents approved a charter amendment during […]

Read more

January 26, 2016 | Maureen Stiles

The Natives Are Restless

I’m just a girl standing in my kitchen trying to remember what it was like to leave the house. Day three and the natives are getting restless. And by natives, I mean me. I should have given my car more love on Friday when I had the chance. How could I know she was going to […]

Read more

December 14, 2015 | Sonya Burke

WSSC Reminds Residents to “Can the Grease” (VIDEO)

Are you cooking on the grill or fryer this holiday season? If so, the folks at the Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission (WSSC) have some clean up tips for you when it comes to disposing of hot grease and cooking oil. In order to avoid an overflowing kitchen sink or flooded basement due to clogged pipes, […]

Read more

November 22, 2015 | Sonya Burke

Fire Safety Tips to Remember When Cooking in the Kitchen (VIDEO)

Throughout the year, cooking is a leading cause of fires. On County Report This Week, Fire and Rescue Spokesperson Pete Piringer shared some tips to stay safe when cooking in the kitchen this Thanksgiving week. You can find more safety tips, see below, on the fire department’s website. · Be alert. If you are sleepy […]

Read more

April 15, 2015 | Sonya Burke

Kitchen Fire in Gaithersburg Displaces Residents (PHOTOS)

UPDATED A kitchen fire in a first floor apartment at 392 North Summit Avenue caused $75,000 in damage and displaced nine residents, according to a Montgomery County fire official. Fire and Rescue Spokesperson Pete Piringer said some of the building’s occupants had to be helped out of their apartments by firefighters on April 15. Piringer […]

Read more

April 6, 2015 | Sonya Burke

Townhouse Fire Displaces Family on Knoll Mist Lane in Gaithersburg (PHOTOS)

UPDATED A kitchen fire has displaced a Gaithersburg family of four from their townhouse in the 1100 block of Knoll Mist Lane today, according to a Montgomery County fire official. Fire and Rescue Spokesperson Pete Piringer reported heavy smoke was showing when firefighters first arrived on scene around 9:30 a.m. on April 6. He said […]

Read more

August 9, 2014 | Sonya Burke

Apartment Fire at Leisure World Displaces Four Residents

An apartment fire at Leisure World last night (August 8) has caused an estimated $100,000 in damage and displaced four people from their apartment home at 3301 South Leisure World Boulevard in Silver Spring. Fire and Rescue Spokesperson Pete Piringer said the fire started in the kitchen second floor unit of the three-story apartment building. […]

Read more

May 24, 2014 | Sonya Burke

Diamond Square Apartments Fire (PHOTOS)

Montgomery County firefighters responded to a kitchen fire on the second floor at Diamond Square Apartments, 80 Bureau Drive, in Gaithersburg on May 24. Fire and Rescue Spokesperson Pete Piringer said the sprinkler system helped extinguish the blaze. He said there were no injuries. Residents were seen standing and sitting in the building’s parking lot […]

Read more

April 4, 2014 | Sonya Burke

Kitchen Fire in Gaithersburg

Montgomery County firefighters responded to a kitchen fire in the 400 block of East Diamond Avenue around 2 p.m. on April 4 in Gaithersburg. Noone was injured in the blaze. Police did close East Diamond Avenue just north of Summit Avenue during the fire department’s response. U/D – E Diamond Av, fire under control, kitchen […]

Read more

July 18, 2013 | Sonya Burke

New Kentlands Restaurant Coming Soon (Video)

The popular O’Donnell’s Sea Grill restaurant will close on July 27 in Kentlands and a well known chef in the D.C. area reportedly plans to open a new restaurant in the same space a few months later. The owner of O’Donnell’s talked about this development during an interview with MyMCMedia’s Sonya Burke. Take a look: […]

Read more

Engage us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter