Townhouse Fire in Gaithersburg

UPDATED Montgomery County firefighters were called to a basement fire at 412 Carousel Court in Gaithersburg on April 3.

Fire Spokesperson Pete Piringer reported on his Twitter account that two young children and two adults were transported to the hospital, including a grandmother who he said was seriously injured.

According to Piringer, there was no working smoke alarm in the residence.

Piringer said the cause of the blaze is believed to be a lamp on a mattress in a bedroom. He said damage is estimated at $65,000.

Firefighters canvassed the neighborhood after the incident and installed seven smoke alarms and 10 batteries after visiting 27 homes.

Like this post? Sign up for our Daily Update here.
Sonya Burke

About Sonya Burke

Sonya Burke is the Multimedia Manager at Montgomery Community Media (MCM). You can email story ideas at or reach her on Twitter @SonyaNBurke.


| Comments are closed.

Engage us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter