MCM ‘s multimedia content producer must be an excellent journalist and storyteller with a passion for community news. The multimedia content producer is a collaborative member of a small team that creates relevant, credible and current content for and about the people of Montgomery County, Maryland. The multimedia content producer is creative, curious and dedicated to MyMCMedia’s mission to be the premiere source of county-wide hyper local content in Montgomery County.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The Multimedia content producer primarily creates content using enterprise reporting and aggregation. The position is responsible for posts on MyMCMedia.org and its social media platforms. Working as part of a small team of professional news and content gatherers, the producer writes and edits multi-element stories using text, photos and video.
Other responsibilities include:
- Researching, reporting, writing and posting enterprise stories
- Posting video. “Light” video editing.
- Creating video packages and stories working with a photographer/editor
- Aggregating and posting relevant local news stories, calendar events and press releases
- Utilizing SEO best practices with all postings
- Other duties as assigned
The Multimedia content producer must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field
- 2-5 years of experience gathering, writing and/or producing news content while working under tight deadlines
- Strong writing and editing skills. Must always practice high standards of journalism
- Ability to write, edit, post and produce stories with video on websites and social media platforms
- Ability to work independently and with journalistically sound instincts
- Ability to successfully engage with the public, maintain and acquire relevant contacts and earn trust in the community by positively representing MCM.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including occasional evenings or weekends
- Valid Driver’s License and own transportation.
Additional experience and qualities a plus:
- Proven creative digital content producer with strong interest in emerging platforms and audience growth
- Experience covering and producing video stories for TV, working with photographer/editor
- Experience shooting quality video with small cameras and/or mobile devices
- Established contacts in Montgomery County and general knowledge of the area.
Montgomery Community Media is looking for part-time Production Technicians, to help produce top quality programs that can be seen on multiple channels and online. We are looking for Production Technicians, who have good work ethics, determination, ENG experience and commitment to be part of a successful team.
This position assists Production Coordinators and staff producers in the technical aspects of production. Work as a part of a production team member on a variety of studio and field productions.
- Assist the Production Coordinators with the technical aspects of all productions including site survey, equipment pack-up, and set-up, production, strike, and equipment storage.
- Participate as an assigned crew member for various productions. Assigned crew responsibilities include all studio and field positions.
- Develop production skills as camera operator, technical director, audio person, stage manager and lighting set up..
- Act as a temporary replacement for Production and Post-Production Coordinator on an as-needed basis.
- Assist producers in creation and coordination of program production.
- Assist with studio set-up and facilities oversight.
- Maintain and follow all production and post-production procedures to ensure the highest production standards.
- Assumes other responsibilities as assigned.
- Position requires two to five years of production experience, with an emphasis on ENG style production.
- Familiar with broadcast and industrial video production equipment and have a strong working knowledge of digital formats.
- Familiar with and possess advanced technical skills including camerawork, lighting, ENG, and reading waveform monitors desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree in Film and Television Production, or related Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree also may apply. Adequate work experience may substitute for education requirement.
- Commitment to community media, Public, Education and Government (PEG) access cable television, first amendment rights and public interest telecommunications.
- Demonstrated experience in working with production and technical teams.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet established deadlines.
- Ability to work cooperatively with government agencies, community groups and individuals unfamiliar with the production process.
- Proven track record in video production, including, planning and oversight, in the development of video programs and/or customer service to content producers.
- Working knowledge and experience in a variety of video production environments, equipment and/or systems, and PC-based applications and tools, specifically with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint).
- Clean driving record and valid MD Drivers License. Ability to provide own transportation to attend meetings and events away from the office.
Business environment requires a flexible work schedule. Evening and weekend hours will be required.
Frequent sitting, occasional lifting (up to approximately 50#).
This position is a part-time and entry level position, with the opportunity to improve your skills and advance your career in the television