Montgomery Community Media is currently recruiting for the following positions:
Administrative Assistant (Part-time 24-32 hours a week)
The Administrative Assistant is a flexible, can-do person with general office skills and the ability to multi-task. The A.A. works collaboratively in a team environment to perform a wide range of administrative and office support activities as directed by managers and supervisors to facilitate the efficient operation of the organization. The A.A. is a problem solver with administrative skills and experience that upholds our positive work culture.
- General clerical duties including photocopying, fax and mailing.
- Work with Finance Director and other senior managers for basic support as directed.
- Input data, run reports and/or monitor various office software systems.
- Handle confidential and/or sensitive information and data.
- Schedule meetings and calendar events for staff.
- Prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails.
- Various reception duties, including answering calls and receiving/directing guests/clients.
- Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence.
- Maintain office supply inventories.
- Coordinate maintenance of office equipment.
Education and Experience:
- Proven admin and assistant experience.
- Computer skills and knowledge of relevant software.
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
- Knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures and systems such as filing and record keeping.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Knowledge of basic accounting practices and experience with Excel.
- Experience with or aptitude to learn various software systems such as Salesforce, Mail Chimp, PayPal, Zoom, etc.
- High school diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred.
- Communication skills – written and verbal.
- Planning and organizing, prioritizing.
- Information gathering and information monitoring.
- Ability to learn various software systems for data input/monitoring.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
Virtual Event Coordinator Part-Time
Montgomery Community Media is searching for Virtual Event Coordinators to work both internally and at client sites. VEC’s will work with MCM in a lead role, planning, executing, monitoring, controlling hosting, and closing out virtual conference event projects while interfacing with client counterparts. The VEC’s will have a high level of mastery and confidence working with virtual classroom platforms (i.e., Adobe Connect, Zoom, Cisco WebEx, MS Teams, etc.); have the ability to manage the features of the virtual platform (chat, screen sharing, breakout rooms, whiteboards, etc.) during the session to provide a seamless experience for both the speaker and participants; and provide timely instructions to participants. More importantly, the VEC will be accountable for the project scope, project team, resources, and the success or failure of each project.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with staff to plan and prepare for scheduled events, providing expertise with respect to the timing and resources necessary for these events and ensuring that capabilities, standards, and best practices are line with expectations.
- Serve as the customer contact throughout the planning process and manages the overall project scope, timeline and communication.
- Plan and lead kickoff and subsequent meetings with clients, vendors, and other key partners in preparing conferences or webinars.
- Troubleshoot during live presentations.
- Ensure the seamless and efficient flow of information and communication between the client, Event Producers, and technical staff.
- Guide the client through the project process and educates them on how to implement best practices for conferences, and hybrid/virtual events.
- Coordinate inleading training and rehearsals to ensure all presenters and staff are prepared for the event.
- Work closely with internal teams to successfully execute conferences and hybrid/virtual events.
- Manages all session elements leading up to the event
- Work with the internal team to configure onsite AV and Internet connectivity equipment for conferences and hybrid/virtual events.
- Performs post-event content analysis and reporting metrics.
- Seek ways to employ technology to optimize performance.
The duties and responsibilities listed in the job description generally cover the nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. This is not intended to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. The company management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as may be necessary.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university in business, marketing, journalism or related discipline along with 3-5 years of experience working in content production and/or event management preferably in the IT and/or technology industry managing the planning and production of hybrid or virtual conferences or webinars.
- Outstanding project management, event planning, and event management skills.
- Familiarity with Adobe Connect, Zoom, Microsoft Teams and other platforms used to deliver hybrid/virtual events.
- Knowledge of the latest trends in digital content delivery, production, social media, and virtual programming.
- Excellent organizational skills and initiative in suggesting ways to make productions more effective.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with members of the Management Team and high-level presenters/speakers. Must employ a consultative approach to problem-solving.
- Adept at conference programming and coordinating multiple sessions/tracks. Must be able to adapt to changing circumstances and priorities and meet the demands of a production schedule. Experience in managing large scale projects is a plus.
- Must be able to work independently as well as with teams that are creating productions.
- Skilled at keeping cool in stressful “live production” environments and able to quickly address and resolve technology and situation issues that arise in that environment.
- Proficient using the Microsoft Office suite of tools (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Experience using Photoshop, PaintShop, or similar tools to create and/or manipulate images for use in documents and webpages.