Montgomery Community Media is currently recruiting for the following positions:
Administrative Assistant (Part-time 24-32 hours a week)
The Administrative Assistant is a flexible, can-do person with general office skills and the ability to multi-task. The A.A. works collaboratively in a team environment to perform a wide range of administrative and office support activities as directed by managers and supervisors to facilitate the efficient operation of the organization. The A.A. is a problem solver with administrative skills and experience that upholds our positive work culture.
- General clerical duties including photocopying, fax and mailing.
- Work with Finance Director and other senior managers for basic support as directed.
- Input data, run reports and/or monitor various office software systems.
- Handle confidential and/or sensitive information and data.
- Schedule meetings and calendar events for staff.
- Prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails.
- Various reception duties, including answering calls and receiving/directing guests/clients.
- Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence.
- Maintain office supply inventories.
- Coordinate maintenance of office equipment.
Education and Experience:
- Proven admin and assistant experience.
- Computer skills and knowledge of relevant software.
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
- Knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures and systems such as filing and record keeping.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Knowledge of basic accounting practices and experience with Excel.
- Experience with or aptitude to learn various software systems such as Salesforce, Mail Chimp, PayPal, Zoom, etc.
- High school diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred.
- Communication skills – written and verbal.
- Planning and organizing, prioritizing.
- Information gathering and information monitoring.
- Ability to learn various software systems for data input/monitoring.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
Director Education & Community Engagement
- love to create media, from video to programs to podcasts
- love teaching and creating learning environments
- take pride in your community and love bringing people together
- are a visionary who sees the potential for learning in every age group
- can motivate a small team to reach common goals
…this is the job for you!
Bring your talent to our Emmy-award winning nonprofit access media organization and be part of our mission to bring media skills, tools and platforms to every resident of Montgomery County, Maryland.
This is a director level management position responsible for leading community engagement through innovative educational curriculums, community content recruitment and vibrant volunteer experiences. Additionally, this position will contribute expertise about operational needs for systems, facilities and production equipment needed for program success. This director will be responsible for revenues and costs related to tuitions, course demand and instructional resources.
The director will design media training courses that meet the changing needs of multimedia content producers in our community. The director will acquire/create the necessary personnel, equipment and structure for successful educational experiences that are in demand.
The director will create a community of content contributors through outreach, collaboration and public engagement activities to sustain MCM’s access platforms.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
As a member of the senior management team reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, the Director of Education and Community Engagement position has responsibilities in the following areas:
- Direct and oversee staff at the Rockville and Silver Spring location as it develops and implements video production and multimedia content training and teaching programs that are in demand. Design curriculum for skills and content creation that are trending with current community needs and interests. Maintain high standards for course offerings, attendance and student experience.
- Provide oversight, coordination and scheduling of staff including hiring, training and evaluation. Recruit and hire teaching instructors under contract when class curriculum demands or specific skill sets are needed. Develop system of frequent student feedback on instruction, courses and class value. Oversee programs and staff at multiple work and classroom sights as needed.
- Develop, design and oversee curriculum for workshops, classes and labs. Design, monitor and review certification requirements. Target and create classes and instruction that will appeal to targeted groups of potential students, offering desirable training for the creation of current and trending media.
- Perform continuous assessment of student and volunteer needs including evaluations, regular feedback and development of action plans to ensure effectiveness of services.
- Encourage and enhance volunteer participation. Create and nurture a positive and supporting environment for the volunteer organizations community. Implement activities that support supervised productions for training reinforcement. Promote volunteering to students.
- Create a welcoming collaborative environment for community content contributors. Design programs for regular community outreach to recruit content creators to distribute on MCM platforms. Actively seek presence with volunteer organizations that are creating content or are interested in learning how to create content. Act as primary ambassador for creating content contributor relationships. Promote the use MCM facilities to media creators to create content contribution opportunities.
- Design and implement systems and processes for convenient and efficient content contribution. Work with technical and programming teams to create and maintain easy pathways for contributing to MCM platforms.
- Prepare recommendations for equipment purchases.
- Responsible for regular and ad hoc reporting of departmental accomplishments, activities, and proposals to the Executive Director and MCT Board of Directors, in the form of written reports, documents and presentations as required.
- In coordination with the Administration Department, maintain all records, tests, student evaluations, reports and associated documents related to the Training unit.
- Full responsibility for department staff, including preparation of job descriptions, training and managing staff, conducting performance evaluations, personnel development action plans and creating work schedules to accommodate department and company needs as it concerns full and part time employees, contractual labor and consultants.Mentors, guides and coaches staff in order to expand capacities and build management depth.
- Responsible for regular planning, development and administration of departmental budget including revenue and expense. This includes a monthly review of the departmental financial statement, monitoring on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis, and analyzing trends for future expenditures and revenues. Also responsible for recommendations on controlling expenses and maximizing revenues.
- Assumes other responsibilities as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Instructional design, Educational Technology, Instructional Technology, Adult Education or related discipline. Adequate work experience may substitute for education.
- Four years of experience working with volunteers, community based organizations or non-profit organizations.
- Four years experience teaching all aspects of television production, preferably in a Public Access or media arts organization.
- Three years experience in curriculum development.
- Experience with non-linear editing, digital field and studio software and/or equipment.
- B.A. degree in Video Production, Electronic Media, Education or related field. Adequate work experience may substitute for education.
- Demonstrated experience working with volunteers, community based organizations, non-profit organizations or related community mobilization efforts.
- Demonstrated experience teaching media production.
- Demonstrated experience in curriculum development.
- Two years experience operating or producing using video production equipment, including field and studio production, post-production equipment.
- Sound business and personnel management judgment.
- Sensitivity and patience instructing students and volunteers. Ability to train and transfer knowledge to others with varying learning needs.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and the ability to carry out and manage multiple tasks/projects, and open to constantly changing work requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Commitment to community media, first amendment rights and public interest telecommunications.
- Commitment to the organization’s communications model, and personal development curricula and tools.
- High level of motivation as a self-starter and the ability to work well as a team member in a collaborative and cooperative manner.
- Experience working in a nonprofit organization and/or educational institution.
Montgomery Community Media is seeking a social media and marketing-savvy individual who is engaging, congenial, organized, hard-working and has a “can do” attitude. Candidate must be reliable, self-motivated, resourceful, detail-oriented, and personable. Strong writing and editing skills with a commitment to accuracy are essential.
Description of Duties:
Responsibilities include, but will not be limited to:
- Developing content for social posts, web copy, email communications, marketing campaigns, e-newsletters, blogs, and webinar promotions
- Executing effective marketing campaigns using the latest technology across multiple digital platforms to generate results and boost MCM’s lead generation efforts
- Coordinate all stages of marketing campaigns, including strategies, plans, objectives, implementation, organizing and updating production calendars
- Develops various digital marketing materials and collateral, source images and artwork, collate existing content, update online assets, and streamline digital marketing production.
- Prepare marketing and advertising strategies, plans, and objectives; plan and organize virtual promotional presentations; and updating event calendars
- Create content for marketing and fundraising efforts across channels.
- Write and edit marketing copy
- Execute clear and concise brand messaging that is targeted for specific audiences.
- Implements marketing automation to optimize campaigns across multiple digital channels utilizing SEO and SEM strategies.
- Demonstrates familiarity with the most current social media platforms and the ability to effectively attract and engage targeting audiences.
- Creates front door experience for new MCM members, creating welcome packets and directing emails and inquiries to the appropriate staff persons
- Digital ads development and reporting.
- Tracks campaign progress and monitor the results of marketing efforts. Prepare reports for senior management by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing campaign data using provided tools.
- Works collaboratively with other departments to meet company goals.
- Drafting and editing communications materials and correspondence
- Managing online social media communities, building a strong and vibrant member community
- Scheduling, organizing, coordinating logistics, preparing materials for, and attending stakeholder and community meetings
- Categorizing, filing, and retaining files and digital materials (document control)
- Assisting with office supplies and office hospitality needs
- Updating company website and other marketing materials and tools
- Representing MCM at meetings and events
- Bachelor’s in Marketing, Business, Communications, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in a marketing capacity involving all social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.), and experience in social media content development, strategy/campaigns, community management, monitoring tools, etc.
- Experience creating brand partnerships
- Knowledgeable of SEO techniques
- Strong presentation skills.
- Passionate about content and communication.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including grammar, punctuation, and creativity.
- Must have an interest in information technology.
- Must be a team player who possesses an understanding of and passion for the goals of the company.
- Should be a motivated self-starter with a creative eye, attention to detail and entrepreneurial character.
- English and Spanish (Preferred)
Social Media Coordinator
MYMCMedia.org is the epitome of today’s transformation of access TV, combining content, information and engagement into an easy to use, mobile platform.
Montgomery Community Media (MCM) is the only independent, nonprofit organization providing access to public media (public access television and broadband media) directly to Montgomery County’s over one million residents as well as the resident non-profit organizations, associations and businesses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
MCM is looking for a Social Media Coordinator who will establish best practices for use of social media for our diverse needs including:
- Set up and optimize company pages within each platform to increase the visibility of company’s social content including website, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Produce and manage social media posting on all platforms, including website, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Google Ads.
- Ensuring engaging messaging and adherence to best practices for each platform.
- Create, coordinate and execute a high volume of social media campaigns for MCM news coverage as well as MCM events (candidate forums, classes, small business network sessions, etc.) including posting classes, events and photos.
- Assist, guide, and teach staff to use MCM social medium platforms consistently with a single voice.
- Develop content strategies for social media and assist in the development of social media content calendars, including image sourcing and copywriting.
- Manage social media recaps, collect social media metrics, determine key performance indicators, track overall social media performance.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient knowledge and experience with Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Google Ads.
- Knowledge of MS Office tools, including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Intermediate skill level in photo editing, Adobe Creative Suite, and Photoshop.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills.
- The role also requires the ability to multitask and work with multiple teams to help successfully execute multiple time sensitive news stories and special programs.
- Other duties as assigned
- Tech-friendly is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or Journalism
Virtual Event Coordinator Part-Time
Montgomery Community Media is searching for Virtual Event Coordinators to work both internally and at client sites. VEC’s will work with MCM in a lead role, planning, executing, monitoring, controlling hosting, and closing out virtual conference event projects while interfacing with client counterparts. The VEC’s will have a high level of mastery and confidence working with virtual classroom platforms (i.e., Adobe Connect, Zoom, Cisco WebEx, MS Teams, etc.); have the ability to manage the features of the virtual platform (chat, screen sharing, breakout rooms, whiteboards, etc.) during the session to provide a seamless experience for both the speaker and participants; and provide timely instructions to participants. More importantly, the VEC will be accountable for the project scope, project team, resources, and the success or failure of each project.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with staff to plan and prepare for scheduled events, providing expertise with respect to the timing and resources necessary for these events and ensuring that capabilities, standards, and best practices are line with expectations.
- Serve as the customer contact throughout the planning process and manages the overall project scope, timeline and communication.
- Plan and lead kickoff and subsequent meetings with clients, vendors, and other key partners in preparing conferences or webinars.
- Troubleshoot during live presentations.
- Ensure the seamless and efficient flow of information and communication between the client, Event Producers, and technical staff.
- Guide the client through the project process and educates them on how to implement best practices for conferences, and hybrid/virtual events.
- Coordinate inleading training and rehearsals to ensure all presenters and staff are prepared for the event.
- Work closely with internal teams to successfully execute conferences and hybrid/virtual events.
- Manages all session elements leading up to the event
- Work with the internal team to configure onsite AV and Internet connectivity equipment for conferences and hybrid/virtual events.
- Performs post-event content analysis and reporting metrics.
- Seek ways to employ technology to optimize performance.
The duties and responsibilities listed in the job description generally cover the nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. This is not intended to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. The company management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as may be necessary.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university in business, marketing, journalism or related discipline along with 3-5 years of experience working in content production and/or event management preferably in the IT and/or technology industry managing the planning and production of hybrid or virtual conferences or webinars.
- Outstanding project management, event planning, and event management skills.
- Familiarity with Adobe Connect, Zoom, Microsoft Teams and other platforms used to deliver hybrid/virtual events.
- Knowledge of the latest trends in digital content delivery, production, social media, and virtual programming.
- Excellent organizational skills and initiative in suggesting ways to make productions more effective.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with members of the Management Team and high-level presenters/speakers. Must employ a consultative approach to problem-solving.
- Adept at conference programming and coordinating multiple sessions/tracks. Must be able to adapt to changing circumstances and priorities and meet the demands of a production schedule. Experience in managing large scale projects is a plus.
- Must be able to work independently as well as with teams that are creating productions.
- Skilled at keeping cool in stressful “live production” environments and able to quickly address and resolve technology and situation issues that arise in that environment.
- Proficient using the Microsoft Office suite of tools (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Experience using Photoshop, PaintShop, or similar tools to create and/or manipulate images for use in documents and webpages.