The Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Service offers safety advice to parents and others celebrating Halloween.
- Make sure costumes are flame-resistant or retardant
- Avoid loose-fitting masks that block vision
- Make costumes short enough to avoid tripping
- Wear shoes that fit
- Carry lightweight flashlights
- Wear reflective wristbands
- Accompany children
- Never enter a stranger’s home unless an adult is present
- Only cross streets at intersections and crosswalks
- Look left, right and left again before crossing
For more tips, visit Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Service.