Fire Caused by Improperly Discarded Cigarettes Displaces Aspen Hill Residents

A fire in Aspen Hill Tuesday afternoon displaced at least 16 people from their homes, according to Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Service (MCFRS).

Officials said the fire happened around 3 p.m. at the Grand Bel II Condos in the 3900 block of Bell Pre Rd in Aspen Hill.

Fire and Rescue spokesperson Pete Piringer said smoke was showing when firefighters arrived at the scene.  About 85 firefighters responded to the fire.

Piringer said the fire started in a second-floor bedroom and was caused by improperly discarded cigarettes. According to Piringer, the fire caused an estimated $275K in damages.

Several residents were evaluated by the emergency medical technicians and there were no serious injuries.

 

Like this post? Sign up for our Daily Update here.
Avatar

Comments

| No comments yet.



Engage us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter