Montgomery County Recreation announced a 10-week long scavenger hunt, which started Friday, June 12 and will continue until Monday, August 17.
At the start of each week, Montgomery County Recreation will post a new challenge on their Facebook page. This week’s challenge includes activities such as, cooking a healthy meal, using your body to spell your name, writing a letter to a family member, playing a board game, and creating a “Thank You” sign or chalk drawing for front line workers.
The first challenge of our 10-Week Family #ScavengerHunt is live. Each week a new challenge will be posted on Facebook as an event. When the event is through, you will receive a certificate with your ultimate Recreation level. Join in! #MoCoRec pic.twitter.com/HpgYVFOZSP
— MoCo Rec (@MoCoRec) June 14, 2020
The challenges should be completed as a family and after the event is over players will receive a certificate with their overall level assessment. The rules for the event, laid out on Montgomery County Recreation’s facebook post, are:
- Make sure you are following social distancing rules
- Please tag Montgomery County Recreation and use the hashtags #MoCoRec, #MoCoRecScavHunt and #covid19scavengerhunt on social media once you have completed a task
- Posts must be on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter
- When you are finished (or at the end of the event) please email Rec.ExcelBeyondtheBell@montgomerycountymd.gov with your photo album to receive the final challenge of you holding up the “I Survived MoCoRec’s COVID-19 Scavenger Hunt Challenge”
- Try to complete as many activities as you can to be placed in different amazing levels! (View Levels below to see where you measure up.)
- Please be sure to use general caution and be aware of your surroundings during the following tasks!
- Be creative and have FUN!
The different levels for this event include:
- Level 1: Fan of Fun (1-10)
- Level 2: Leisure Lover (11-20)
- Level 3: Entertainment Enthusiast (21-30)
- Level 4: Amusement Aficionado (31-40)
- Level 5: Rec Royalty (41-50)