Montgomery Parks, a department of the Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission, received $12.3 million in funding from the state of Maryland.
These funds will pay for 16 renovation projects throughout the county, according to Montgomery Parks on Twitter.
Montgomery Parks is excited to announce that we’ve received $12.3 million in funding from the state of Maryland for sixteen projects, including the Long Branch Parks Initiative and Wheaton Regional Park Action Sports Center. (1/6) pic.twitter.com/pPJQYnPUl8
— Montgomery Parks (@MontgomeryParks) April 19, 2022
Here is a list of parks that received funding for renovation projects, according to Montgomery Parks.
Greenwood Local Park will be renovated soon. Bond bill funds will provide a new playground and renovations to the gazebo, parking lot, and paths.
— Montgomery Parks (@MontgomeryParks) April 20, 2022
- Laytonsville Local Park
- Little Falls Stream Valley Park in Bethesda
- McKnew Local Park in Burtonsville
- Newport Mill Local Park in Wheaton
- Olney Family Neighborhood Park
- Olney Mill Neighborhood Park
- Rosemary-Hills Lyttonsville Local Park in Silver Spring
- South Germantown Recreational Park in Boyds
- Strathmore Local Park in Aspen Hill
- Wheaton Regional Park