Summer comes to Montgomery County offering music, movies and other amusements.
- Go to Wheaton to catch their TGIF Summer Concert Series at the Marian Fryer Town Plaza at 2424 Reedie Drive. The music starts at 6:30 p.m. TGIF keeps rockin’ until September 24.
- Bethesda is the place to be on Friday nights for live music at the Streetery at the corner of Norfolk and Del Ray Avenues. Arrive at 6 p.m. and stay for the tunes. Bethesda Urban Partnership will feature live entertainment through September.
- You can find Movies Under the Stars at Blackrock Center for the Arts in Germantown. Make plans to see Coco on Saturday, August 31 at 8:30 p.m. Other upcoming films include Hairspray and Shrek
- Get on the merry-go-round at Carousel Family Day at Glen Echo Park this Saturday, July 24, from 10 a.m- 3 p.m. You can hop on the famed 100-year-old ride serenaded by live music from the Washington Conservatory of Music. Buy your tickets here. And don’t miss other sights and sounds of the park including painted pianos and a musical magic show.
- Family – friendly concerts pop up at the Good Hope Neighborhood Recreational Center in Silver Spring. Pull up a blanket starting Saturday at 5 p.m. To get tickets to The Bloom Community Events sponsored by Strathmore Hall click here. The series continues every Saturday until October 9.