pete piringer

March 20, 2017 | Sonya Burke

UPDATED: Police Identify Resident Found in House After Explosion (VIDEOS)

UPDATED 4.20.17 3:30 p.m. Montgomery County police have identified the resident found in the Ashley Drive house following an explosion last Friday as 61-year-old Steven Beck. According to a police news release, the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner has determined that Beck died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound. Police said a dog found near […]

Read more

March 15, 2017 | Staff Writer

House Fire Displaces Family in Potomac (PHOTOS)

A house fire in Potomac displaced a family last night on Blue Meadow Road, according to a Montgomery County fire official. Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson Pete Piringer said when firefighters arrived there were flames showing. According to Piringer, the fire started in the chimney and spread to the attic. He said about 60 firefighters […]

Read more

March 13, 2017 | Staff Writer

Apartment Fire Sends Three People to Hospital in White Oak

A two alarm apartment fire on Lockwood Drive in White Oak sent three people to the hospital on Monday, according to a Montgomery County fire official. Fire and Rescue Services spokesperson Pete Piringer said the blaze sent two adults and one child to the hospital. Their injuries are not life threatening, he said. According to […]

Read more

March 12, 2017 | Staff Writer

House Fire Displaces Family in Olney (PHOTOS)

A house fire on Broom Drive in Olney has displaced a family of four and their two dogs, according to a Montgomery County fire official. Fire and Rescue Service Spokesperson Pete Piringer said smoke alarms alerted the family to the fire on Sunday morning shortly before noon. There were no injuries, he reported on his […]

Read more

March 11, 2017 | Staff Writer

Spring Forward Sunday: Don’t Forget to Reset Your Clocks

Don’t forget to turn your clocks ahead at 2 a.m. Sunday morning, March 12, for daylight saving time (DST). DST is the period of the year when clocks are moved one hour ahead, resulting in an extra hour of sunlight during the evening hours. The changeover back to standard time (ST) occurs November 5 at 2 a.m. […]

Read more

March 8, 2017 | Douglas Tallman

Homeowner Died from Smoke Inhalation from March 2 Fire (PHOTOS)

Larry Joseph Pagliai, 71, whose Willow Lane home in Rockville was destroyed by fire March 2, died from smoke inhalation, according to an autopsy completed by the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner, Montgomery County police say. The manner of death was ruled as accidental, police said. Pagliai could not be accounted for during the fire, […]

Read more

March 3, 2017 | Staff Writer

UPDATED: Police Reveal Homeowner of Rockville Home Destroyed by Fire (PHOTOS)

UPDATE: Montgomery County police say the homeowner is Larry Joseph Pagliai, 71, who cannot be accounted for. The body has been taken to Baltimore where the Office of Chief Medical Examiner will conduct an autopsy to determine the victim’s identity and the manner and cause of death, police said. Police ask anyone with information to […]

Read more

March 1, 2017 | Sonya Burke

Winds Toppled Trees and Wires Across Montgomery County (PHOTOS)

Strong winds toppled trees and wires across Montgomery County on Wednesday afternoon. Fire and Rescue spokesperson Pete Piringer said dispatchers fielded dozens of calls within an hour’s time this afternoon. Piringer said there were no reports of serious injuries. At 5 p.m., there were over 1,600 Pepco customers without power in Montgomery County, according to […]

Read more

February 27, 2017 | Staff Writer

House Fire Causes Over $100,000 in Damages in Potomac

A house fire displaced a family of six in Potomac on Monday morning, according to a Montgomery County fire and rescue official. Spokesperson Pete Piringer said the blaze originated in the basement of a large house in the 9900 block of Potomac Manors Drive. When firefighters arrived on scene, Piringer said there was smoke showing. […]

Read more

February 24, 2017 | Douglas Tallman

Family of Five Displaced After Fire; Home Lacked Smoke Alarms

A Montgomery Village family of five was displaced Friday morning after an attic fire caused about $25,000 worth of damage, fire officials said. The townhouse did not have smoke alarms, said Pete Piringer, spokesman for the Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Service. Fire officials were called to the townhouse in the morning to find light […]

Read more

Engage us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter