2 Dogs Pulled From House on Fire in Kensington

Updated Dec. 13 at 3:15 p.m.

While two dogs were resuscitated and have survived, three cats did not.

The fire is believed to have been started by combustibles on a refrigerator that was adjacent to a stove top. The damage, which was estimated at $75,000, extended to nearby cabinets.

The residents were not at home at the time of the fire.

A postal worker who was delivering mail saw smoke and heard smoke alarms.

A Go Fund Me site has been set up to help the family pay for a lengthy hotel stay, veterinarian bills and repairs to their home.


Two dogs were revived after being pulled from a house that was on fire in the 11100 block of Dewey Road in Kensington Tuesday.

A person delivering mail saw smoke at the home and called 911, according to Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Services Spokesperson Pete Piringer.

There was a fire in the basement of this single-family home. The residents were not at home.

The dogs were taken to a veterinarian.

Write a Comment

Related Articles