Fire at Potomac Home Causes $800,000 Worth of Damage

Firefighters responded to a fire Monday morning in Potomac causing over $800,000 worth in damage.  

The fire started at 2:45 a.m. in a two-story, single-family home on the 7600 block of Persimmon Tree Lane. 

Eighty-five firefighters battled the heavy fire load and after several hours were able to get it under control. The person in the home got out safely. One firefighter was injured and is receiving treatment for an unspecified medical emergency.   

According to Pete Piringer, the spokesperson for Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Services, the fire was due to an unattended pot left on the stove. There were no working fire alarms in the house.  

Officials said that the person in the house observed the smoke and attempted to call authorities but couldn’t because the phone was in the kitchen.  

A neighbor called to report the fire, officials said.  

Firefighters will return this evening to check smoke alarms and discuss other safety items.  

Like this post? Sign up for our Daily Update here.
Ashley Peccerelli

About Ashley Peccerelli

Ashley Peccerelli is a Multiplatform Journalism major at the University of Maryland. She can be reached at apeccerelli@mymcmedia.org.

Comments

| No comments yet.



Engage us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter