1. Face Covering Requirement: Starting Monday, April 13, everyone will be required to wear face coverings in grocery stores, pharmacies, and large chain stores (Costco, Sams Club, etc.). Dr. Travis Gayles, Montgomery County’s Public Health Officer, is taking this step to slow the spread of coronavirus in the community.
2. Pollard, Friedson Discuss COVID-19’s Impact on Students: Montgomery College President DeRionne Pollard and Montgomery County Councilmember Andrew Friedson are discussing how the county and college are meeting the needs of students and residents during the coronavirus pandemic. The discussion will be streamed on Montgomery College’s Facebook at 10 a.m.
and @montgomerycoll President, @DrPollard_MC will host a Facebook Live event to discuss COVID-19 and how the county and college are meeting the needs of the students and residents Tomorrow at 10 a.m. pic.twitter.com/hN21Ud15ge
— Montgomery Council (@MoCoCouncilMD) April 9, 2020
3. Beauty and the Beast puppet show: The Puppet Co.s’ presents a video performance of “Beauty and the Beast” today at 11 a.m. The performance will be streamed on their Facebook page. The Puppet Co. is located in Glen Echo Park.
4. Virtual Friday with Friedson: Councilmember Andrew Friedson hosts a discussion with health and wellness professionals today at 11:30 a.m. Speakers include Kaiser Permanente Workforce Health Consultant Priya Saha, EveryMind Chief Executive Officer Ann Mazur and Montgomery Parks Director Michael Riley. The discussion will be streamed on Friedson’s Facebook Live. Or individuals may join the discussion by phone at 443-692-5768, input 946 260 872# when prompted.
5. Mindful Moments: Montgomery County Public Schools has created a series of videos called Mindful Moments. The series aims to deliver simple and effective tools for us all to manage our anxiety and stress. Watch the videos on YouTube on demand, here.
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.