The Universities at Shady Grove just opened its new Biomedical Sciences and Engineering Education facility, making it the fourth academic building on its campus.
Programs in this six-level, 220,000-square-foot- state-of-the-art facility will offer educational opportunities and degree offerings in critical STEMM [science, technology, engineering, mathematics, medical studies] fields including bio-science, cyber security, and dentistry.
This new $175 Million educational facility will help to expand STEMM degree programs offered by the nine partner state universities at The Universities at Shady Grove which serves as a regional campus.
The Biomedical Sciences and Engineering (BSE) facility will allow USG to provide regional businesses with a pool of qualified #STEM graduates. #BuiltforBreakthroughs https://t.co/dS3e6plUDC pic.twitter.com/89QmLJx0ZI
— USG (@UatShadyGrove) November 6, 2019
Here is a list of some of the features that the new BSE facility offers:
- 20 fully equipped teaching laboratories;
- Two 120-plus seat lecture halls and 12 active learning classrooms;
- Clinical training facilities, including the dental clinic with 20 dental chairs and four surgical offices;
- Product design laboratory and maker spaces for student research;
- Academic Offices;
- A future innovation and entrepreneurship center where students and mentors will work collaboratively with local businesses to develop new ideas and technologies;
- Student affairs offices to support academic success,career,and internship services, and counseling.
For more information about the new Biomedical Sciences and Engineering building at USG, please click here.