Adoption fees for all animals are waived during August at the Montgomery County Animal Services and Adoption Center for the annual “Clear the Shelters” event. The MCASAC is located at 7315 Muncaster Mill Road in Derwood.
The MCASAC allows same day adoptions. Individuals will be asked to submit all information, and once reviewed, an appointment should be booked. No animals can be placed on hold. They are all first-come, first-serve by appointments.
How to Adopt:
- Complete the Adoption Questionnaire.
- After submitting, email AdoptMCASAC@montgomerycountymd.gov a copy of your Driver’s License or other Government Issued Photo ID. If you are a Montgomery County resident, an up to date copy of your license for all pets and rabies certificate for any ferrets in the household are required. If you are not a Montgomery County resident, a valid rabies certificate for any pets, including ferrets, in the household is required.
- Once documentation is received, the team will email a link for scheduling an appointment.
- Provide a copy of your Driver’s License or other Government Issued Photo ID and documentation for all pets while at the center. Certificate guidelines based on residency or non-residency are the same as listed above. Rockville or Gaithersburg residents with pets not licensed in the County, only need to supply rabies certificates.
- Complete the questionnaire.
- Schedule an appointment.
Montgomery County Animal Services and Adoption Center is again participating in the annual #ClearTheShelters adoption event.
— Montgomery County MD (@MontgomeryCoMD) August 1, 2022
For more information, visit the bottom of the MCASAC website here. The center can be reached at 240-773-5900 (Telephone) or 301-279-1063 (Fax) for further questions.