Montgomery County Public Libraries (MCPL) will offer free online workshops and one-on-one sessions for job seekers and entrepreneurs during the month of August.
The following workshops will be offered:
- ‘Job Search Strategies (in a Pandemic)’ on Aug. 9 from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. – Learn about best practices for conducting a job search in the current (pandemic) job market. Register: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5059565
- ‘How to Prepare for your Virtual Job Interview’ on Aug. 12 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. – Learn how to differentiate yourself from other candidates, be Zoom ready, package your experience, tell your story, be ready for challenging questions and feel more confident in your next interview. Register: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5071007
- ‘LinkedIn Boot Camp for 45+ Job Seekers (Part I / Part II)’ on Aug. 17 and Aug. 19 from 5:45 p.m. to 7:45 p.m. – This popular two-session/two-day workshop focuses on both the mechanics & strategy of using LinkedIn as a tool to conduct a successful job search. Register: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5125809
- ‘How to Apply for Jobs with Montgomery County Government’ on Aug. 18 from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. – Find out everything you need to know about applying for jobs with Montgomery County Government. Register: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5193320
- ‘Proctored Northstar Assessment Test; Assess your Digital Literacy Skills’ on Aug. 31 at 12:30 p.m. – Demonstrate your digital literacy skills by taking a proctored Northstar Assessment test during a scheduled test session. If you score 85 percent or higher, you’ll earn a Northstar Digital Literacy Certificate to share with your employers. Tests will be administered and monitored remotely – allowing you to take the test from the convenience of your home. Request a Learner Account to get started: https://mcpl.link/northstar-signup; Registration is required to take a proctored test. Register: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5336799
An internet connection and a device (such as a smartphone, tablet or computer) are required for participation.