The “Streetery” will be open from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily starting on Wednesday, June 10th, and will cause temporary street closures.
“Bethesda Streetery not only gives the community a safe dining option and enjoyable experience in our downtown but also provides restaurants with additional seating and the chance to once again connect more fully with their customers at a safe distance,” said Executive Director of the Bethesda Urban Partnership, Jeff Burton.
The outdoor seating will follow social distancing guidelines, with tables at least six feet apart and a limit of four people per table. The tables will be cleaned after each use.
The streets and blocks impacted are:
- Norfolk Avenue, between St. Elmo Avenue and Cordell Avenue
- Norfolk Avenue, between Cordell Avenue and Del Ray Avenue
- Woodmont Avenue, between Elm Street and Bethesda Avenue
- Veterans Park, corner of Norfolk and Woodmont Avenues
- Cordell Avenue, between the parking garage near Old Georgetown Road and Triangle Towers
- Streetery hours are Wednesday – Sunday, 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Cordell Avenue