It is Friday, April 24, and here are five things to know in Montgomery County.
1. Virtual Friday with Friedson: Councilmember Andrew Friedson will lead a discussion on managing personal finances during the COVID-19 crisis with a group of experts from discussion with 11 a.m. to noon today. Join on Facebook Live or through Zoom.
2. Grant Application Deadline is Saturday: Montgomery County’s Public Health Emergency Grant (PHEG) program, which was created to help businesses that have demonstrated significant losses due to the COVID-19 health crisis, will stop accepting applications at 5 p.m. on Saturday, April 25.
3. Funding Available for PPE Makers: The Local Production Fund was created to provide small and medium-sized businesses with the working capital to make pandemic-related items, such as face shields, medical supplies and other essential items. Applications are open from now until May 1.
4. Protecting Against Coronavirus Scams: Congressman David Trone hosts a webinar today from noon to 1 p.m. to learn about how to identify, stop, and report fraudulent activities or scams. Register here.
5. Send a Snickers From Home: Complete a short form online to show appreciation for an essential worker.
Thank an essential worker you know with a free SNICKERS® bar. Rest assured, there’s no rush – they can redeem the next time they find themselves at Walmart®. https://t.co/UWQDPkGhtB. SNICKERS® will also make a donation to @OpGratitude. #sendaSNICKERS pic.twitter.com/UNwuIrKLIl
— SNICKERS (@SNICKERS) April 23, 2020
And one more thing: Are you looking for a restaurant that is still open? Check out our restaurant lists here.
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.